Sunday, July 7, 2013

Festivities

I hope all of you had a great 4th of July! We did. We traveled to see my family in Bryant (Arkansas..for those Oklahoma people who read this) Our festivities include eating a lot, swimming, and shooting some pretty awesome fireworks. We had a great time and I love spending time with them. I'm glad they don't live too far away! Jude was a sicky baby though. He wasn't very friendly to anybody else. He started running a fever Tuesday night, but I just thought it was due to teething so we went ahead and went. He ran a fever the whole time we were there. We ended up taking him to the doctor on Friday when we got back and turns out he had some sort of virus (his white blood count was low)...not sure what the virus is, but he was sick. He's doing better now...thankfully. Sick babies are no fun, but Jude is super cuddly and sleeps a lot when he's sick, so it makes it a little better.

Poor sick baby. 
 We also celebrated and surprised my Grandma for her 80th birthday. She turned the big 80 on Friday. I hope when I'm 80 I look have the energy this lady has! She's a lot of fun and we love her a lot. I'm glad my boys get to be around her. Luke loves his Granny. 

She's so fun! Love this lady. 
I mentioned in my last post I was getting to have dinner with some of my high school friends. We had such a good time. We hadn't all been together in a while, but it was like we had been around each other everyday! I love friends like that, where you can just pick right up where you left off. 


We've been friends since I moved to Trumann in the 5th grade. We were all in the youth group together and went through the wonderful years of Junior High and High School. They were also there for me during one of the hardest times in my life. My dad passed away when I had just recently started my Senior year of high school. Even though were were young and having to deal with grief and a death like that is difficult (it's difficult for any age...but you know what I mean), these ladies were a great comfort for me. They may not know that...but now they do! I feel like I will always have a special bond with them due to that. Our plan is to try and meet once a month for dinner. You never know how long we will all live close like this, so we need to take advantage of it! 

I hope all of you enjoyed your 4th of July festivities! I'll leave you with a cute video of Luke reciting his first memory verse. I'm so thankful his Sunday School teacher is encouraging this. We love Mrs. Mandi! The verse is Gen. 12:2 "I will make your name great and you will be a blessing" But he kept saying I will be a blessing instead of you. I couldn't get him to change it...oh well. Sorry if it's a bad quality...I couldn't preview it. 


2 comments:

  1. This made me tear up a little! Love you! Can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete