Well Justin and I got to experience what it was like with no children this weekend. And needless to say it was wonderful. My awesome sister kept our kids Thursday-Saturday so Justin and I could have some alone time while celebrating our 5 year anniversary. Thursday night we did some shopping. I was in desperate need of some clothes that fit me. All of the ones I had were too big. (which is a great thing!) I also purchased some pants 4 sizes smaller than what I was wearing! (I rewarded myself later by eating some delicious movie popcorn) So that was nice shopping trip. After that we went bowling. And I pretty much beat Justin in every game but one...because I'm awesome.
![]() |
| Look at that great form! Too bad it didn't help. Hehe. I can't read that score but it says I won and he lost. |
Actually I didn't really know if I was good or not. I haven't played in forever. But turns out I wasn't too bad. It was lots of fun! We plan to do that again.
After our fun bowling trip we went and saw the midnight showing of Superman. But first I had to have this.
| So yummy. |
This was my first showing of a midnight movie. I am not a late night person. And if I am going to stay up late I better be able to sleep in the next morning or I will not be happy. The movie was just okay for me. I do love those kinds of movies...superhero stuff. But I've never been a fan of Superman and this movie was a little weird for me. I think I just compare every superhero movie to the Batman movies and nothing compares to that. (sorry Superman fans...please don't hate me)
The next day we watched Iron Man 2 at home and then went and saw Iron Man 3 in Memphis....we had to make up for the lack of superhero awesomeness in Superman. And it did. We went to Huey's for supper and I had my first real burger in months! Oh it was marvelous. No regrets there...except for how miserably full I was after.
Saturday we slept in and then went and picked up our boys. And after them being home for a few hours we were ready for another break...just kidding...maybe. But seriously, I'm so thankful my mom and sister live close so we can get breaks every now and then. I really think it's a must. I'm most importantly thankful my boys get to be around my mom and sister a lot. My boys love their Nana and Juju! Now if I could just get my mother-in law to move closer...that would be even better!
I hope everyone had a good weekend and a Happy Father's Day! The rest of my week will be spent learning VBS music..that will be stuck in my end for years to come.

No comments:
Post a Comment