Saturday, June 8, 2013

So, I did a 5k.

Yes, it's really me and I'm updating this blog two days in a row! Crazy. Today was the Stars and Stripes Festival here in our little town. They have lots of booths/food/carnival rides/parade. It's pretty fun. Here are some pictures from the day.

Luke watching the "hip hip parade" Yes that's what he called it. 

Jude wasn't impressed...or just confused. 


Juju came and rode some rides. I have no idea why this picture is weird. 

This ride was super spinny. I was a little worried Luke was about to vomit on me or I would.


Riding the carousel with Juju. He loved it! 
That was our afternoon fun. But before all this started I did a little 5k. As I mentioned in my last post this was my first one to do where I tried to run the whole thing. I went in not really expecting to run the whole thing but try real hard! I wasn't concerned with time but I was hoping to get under 35 minutes. 

Before Race. I never know how to pose for pictures by myself. 
I was able to run a good majority of the race. I ran a lot more than I thought and I am super happy about that! There were about 5 of us who ran the whole thing and others who walked/jogged or just walked. I placed 5th out of the runners. I only had to stop and walk two times and it was only for maybe a minute or so. I also did my best mile! I ran a mile in 10 minutes. I know for some that's nothing but for me that's good! My final time was 30:48. I am very pleased with that time. I feel like I did pretty good with where I am in my training. I sill have not completed the C25k app. I learned a lot doing this 5k and how I can do better. So, I plan to use that in my next one and I can't wait to do one again! 

After Race. So much sweat is pouring on me.  Also my pose is so awkward. Justin told me to flex my muscles.


I also think every carnival/fair should have a 5k in the morning. That way you don't feel too bad about the yummy food you will consume later...and yes I did! 

Have a good rest of your weekend my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment