We are home from our week long vacation. Back to the land of mosquitoes. Seriously, I think someone played a practical joke on us and left our door open while we were gone. The amount of mosquitoes in our house is just crazy. My poor babies have bites all over them! Which then makes me go all crazy on any mosquito I see. Please cool weather get here fast...or I'm moving.
Anyway, we had a great time at the beach. I've already posted some pictures on Facebook so I won't bore you with them all over again. We had a couple of hiccups on our trip. Jude got sick one night (of course) Apparently Jude can't go anywhere without getting sick at least once. He also had a major explosive diaper while as we were leaving a restaurant. I'm talking poop...everywhere. I always carry extra clothes with me when we go anywhere, due to the fact that both my boys were excessive spitter uppers...I'm just use to it. But of course this one time I forgot to pack something. So, we leave the restaurant with just Jude in a diaper...classy. We stayed with our best friends in a condo together. They have three boys around the ages of ours. Their littlest one had diarrhea all week. Poor baby and Mommy! But we all made the best of it. That's all you can do when you have kids...go with the flow! You never can predict what they are going to do. You can plan for a perfect trip and then someone will get sick or hurt themselves..it happens. But we all still managed to have a great time. It was nice to get away for a week...from the mosquitoes. Have I mentioned I hate mosquitoes?
I hope Luke will be able to remember this trip. He got to go with his best friends and he had so much fun! He still can remember things from last year, so I hope he will remember this trip for a while. I have some great memories of trips our family would take with friends to the lake. My Mom and Dad had some best friends from a church my Dad was a pastor at in Leachville. They all had kids around my age and my brother and sisters age. We always had such a fun time. I miss those trips!
This week will be spent cleaning/unpacking from our trip and getting back into our regular routine. Which will include me getting back into running/working out again...ugh. I had planned to run while we were gone. I did....once. But I decided I'd just enjoy my week off. It was super nice not worrying about it and eating whatever I wanted. I'm sure once I weigh myself it won't be a good sight. Oh well, I really am not too worried about it. I pretty much took the whole month off anyway. But now it's time to get back on track...especially before the holidays get here and before I go shopping for some new fall clothes. I have zero things to wear that fit me right now. For the past 4 years I've either been pregnant or bigger during the fall/winter months, so I'm pretty excited about buying new fall stuff that's smaller than usual. And I sold/got rid of all my stuff I had from college or when we first got married. I love fall clothes, so I'm looking forward to that shopping trip...thanks sweet husband!
I also have to get the boys some fall/winter stuff as well. I will be going to the Popsicles consignment sale in Jonesboro in a few weeks. If you haven't been to a consignment sale you must go! It is the best way to buy your kids clothes...unless you are super rich and can afford to buy new things... but we aren't so we do it this way. The clothes have barely been worn and some haven't at all and they are at great prices! I got Luke lots of cute stuff last year. Kids/babies go through things so fast. It just makes more sense to buy them slightly used. You can also sale your used stuff as well. I did last year, and made a little bit of money. I didn't have much to sale this year, plus I didn't have the time. If our next baby is a girl I will have lots to get rid of! (no, I'm not pregnant)
Time to make my starving children some lunch! I hope you all have a great week. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment