Monday, September 23, 2013

Cotton.

You know those weeks where the only way you know you've made it without running away is by the grace of God? Yeah...that was my week last week. Having two sick babies close to the same time is enough to make you go crazy. I've cleaned up so much throw up and poop in the last couple of weeks its ridiculous....nice huh? I'm just praying for no sickness and a better week.

It's now officially my favorite time of year, so it has to be a good week...right? I love fall. I love all of the things/events that it entails. But one of my favorite things is the return of cotton in the fields. Oh, I love it. It brings back a weird nostalgic feeling. I've lived in Northeast Arkansas pretty much my whole life. So, I've been around cotton a long time.

Beautiful. 
When we lived in Leachville, our house wasn't far from a cotton field. The neighborhood kids and I had this treehouse that was right by a cotton field. We use to have cotton ball fights. Not the actual soft cotton but the hard cotton ball before the cotton pops out. I'm sure the owner of that field appreciated that. When we were at Maple Grove Baptist Church in Trumann, my favorite event was the fall festival. We would actually have cotton rides, instead of hayrides. It was so much more comfortable than riding on hay and fun!

I'm not real sure why, but seeing the return of cotton and seeing a beautiful cotton field reminds me of my Daddy. He had nothing to do with cotton. So, I'm not real sure why it brings up memories of him. I guess because we always lived around it when we were growing up. Justin and I lived in Memphis for a while during the time he was in seminary and there are no cotton fields in Memphis....just in case you didn't know that! I can remember a time driving to this area and seeing all the cotton growing and actually having tears in my eyes...weird I know. I have no idea why a simple thing as a cotton field brings up such strong emotions for me, but I love it anyway. I guess it's just a reminder of home and my childhood, and my Daddy was obviously apart of that.

I really want to take our family fall pictures in/beside a cotton field. I'm hoping we can try and do that this year. I think it would be so pretty. I also need someone to make this for me:

Love.
I saw this on Pinterest (of course) the other day and I have to have it in my house someday! Anyway, now you all know about my weird love of cotton. I have a feeling I'm not the only one though...well maybe I am.

Hope everyone has a great week. Stay tuned...I may have a special treat for you guys this week. A guest post that I'm sure you will all enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment