Monday, August 12, 2013

Weekend Update

The boys are currently watching a movie and snacking so I can take a few moments and update before they start throwing food and yelling at each other. It happens.

There will be a huge mess on the floor later. 
We didn't have any major plans this weekend which was nice. That hasn't happened in a while. Our summers are always super busy it seems like. We ran some errands, had some pizza and ice cream, and I got to pick out a new dishwasher. It's suppose to be installed today. I'm pretty excited about it. That's kind of sad huh?

Family trip to Sam's. 
Saturday my mom, sister and I went to get a nice little pedicure. My really sweet sister gave me and my mom gift certificates for Mother's Day and we finally used them. We had a nice day together and now my toes are pretty.

I'm doing a challenge this month where I'm not going to weigh myself until the week we leave for the beach. That's about 3 weeks away. I think I was starting to get a little to obsessed with the scale and getting disappointed when something wasn't happening like I wanted it too. I don't want to rely on it too much and I needed a break. I know I've lost and I'm still loosing inches. I notice pictures and how different my clothes fit (and fitting into new sizes).  It won't be easy. I was so tempted to weigh myself this morning. I put the scale in Jude's closet. I always weigh myself first thing in the morning before the boys are even awake. So, I know I won't go in there and wake him up to weigh myself! I'm hoping by the time we go to the beach I'll have lost 3-5 pounds. I want to be able to go and not worry about gaining some (which I'm sure I will...it's vacation!) I do plan to run some while I'm there to even it out.

I've started over again on the couch to 5k plan. I know physically I don't really have to start at the beginning, but mentally I want too. I got behind and lazy on my running. I can blame it on the heat, but it really hasn't been that hot this summer. There were some days where I would come in looking like I had ran in the rain. It was gross, but overall it's been pretty cool. But I do prefer running in much cooler weather. I like running in the cold. You can only take off so many clothes in the summer before it becomes way inappropriate (especially when you live in a small town and everyone knows who you are.)

26 more days until the beach! Yes, I am going to countdown. And no Jude is not walking...blah. He has 26 more days until he has to walk or he's not invited to the beach.

Hope everyone has a  nice week!

(and yes Jude will go to the beach even if he's not walking...don't get mad)

No comments:

Post a Comment