Don't worry. This post is not going to be all about me and my birthday. (It is my birthday today....just saying) It's actually about my Mama. Yesterday was her birthday. I won't share her age...although if I looked like her I would tell everyone mine. She does not look her age...I'm hoping I have her genes.
Anyway, I have to tell her Happy Birthday and thank you!
My mom's birthday is the day before mine. I joke a lot about how I was her best birthday present and she has told me that. But I was thinking today, and I have since I have had children, how not very fun that must have been. We parents all know how time consuming and stressful birthday parties are to plan. I remember having a few friend parties, but mostly it was just family.
.JPG) |
| This was on her birthday 27 years ago. I was born the next day. She's said this was the last time she had a birthday. :) |
But usually you are up planning and preparing the day before the party and stressing. Unfortunately, for my Mom that day was her birthday! She also made all of our birthday cakes (which is not a talent I got at all) and they were no easy birthday cakes. She worked hard on them. She usually made what we would ask for. And they looked great!
 |
| I loved this cake! Yes that is a cake made around a Barbie Doll. And no we didn't eat the doll. |
 |
| Goldielocks and the Three Bears. I loved that book! |
I know when I was little I didn't realize how much she sacrificed so I could have a great cake and birthday...she gave up celebrating for her and made it all about me. I'm so thankful for that. She was such a great Mama to all of us kids growing up and still is. I hope that we are able to make her feel special and loved on her birthdays. Because she most certainly is! So thanks Mama for making me feel super special on my birthday and giving up celebrating yours. You don't have to do that anymore!
 |
| Love you Mama! |
love this!! Your mom is a very special lady!! love ya'll!
ReplyDeleteThanks! She is pretty special!
Delete